- HOLLEY CARB ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- OIL CAPACITY, FORD 351, INDMAR OR PCM
- SPEEDOMETERS CLOGGED
- TUNE UP TIPS FOR THE SPRING
- TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY
HOLLEY CARB ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Rev up the engine to clear it out.
- Turn air screw in until you hear engine begin to bog and miss.
- Now, turn the screw out with 1/2 increments until you hear that the engine is steady and running smoothly.
- Repeat procedure on air screw on the opposite side of the metering block.
- That’s it!
OIL CAPACITY, FORD 351, INDMAR OR PCM
- The pan holds 4 quarts. Filter 3/4 to 1 qt
- * Put in 4 quarts and run the engine to fill the filter. Then add just enough oil to bring it up to 'Full' on the dipstick.
- Know this: Less oil is more horsepower because you are not pushing all that oil around.
Q: ADVICE ON PAINTING OLDER, FADED HULL AND BOW.
A: Use Awl Grip or a product like Imeron, which is a Dupont product. It's a polyurethane base paint with hardener. Both products are hard as rocks, last long and take scratches well.
Q: WHAT IS RECOMMENDED FOR RUST PREVENTION ON THE BLOCK?
A: Paint the surface. Paint is not porous. It will not allow water to get to the metal. For non-paint services, a grease coating will prevent rust. Use a marine, water-proof grease. Also, make sure you don't have water leaks, i.e. risers, r\w pumps which will contribute to rust. Last, keep parts cleaned off and dry.
A product like WD40 drys out too fast and requires re-application; not recommended.
- Make sure there's no obstruction in the Petots. Inspect them, use a needle or safety pin to clear woodchips or debris.
- Use small diameter hose on Petot and blow out any obstruction.
- Pull speedo tube off speedo at dash (holding it overboard) to confirm there is no obstruction in stabilizer tube.
- Try replacing the speedometer, It may have failed.
Note: Petot tubes don't vacuum water, they are pressurized.
SPRING TUNE UP
- Fuel Filters...Have a fresh one each year.
- Tune-up parts like cap, rotor or an Electronic Conversion Kit. The kit has easy to follow instructions!
- Spark Plugs...Put a fresh set in for the season. Replace every 100 hours or every season.
- Fresh impeller will keep your engine at proper running temperature. Checked and changed nearly annually.
- Check your alternator belt(s) for glazing, cracking or excessive belt dust in the engine box. You always need a spare.
- Check your plug wires for loose or cracked boots or rust/corrosion around terminals.
- Distributor boots...look for loose fitting or cracked boots and check for rust or corrosion on or around the terminals.
- Change those engine and transmission oils. The engine oil every 50 hours and the transmission oil every 100 hours.
TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY
- B/W 1:1=1.8 Quarts.
- Warner Reduction Gear= 2.5 Quarts.
- PCM 1:1 AND 1.23:1 = 2.0 QTS, NEVER MORE THAN TWO, EVEN IF COOLER LINES FILLED.
- NOTE: BOTH BORG WARNER AND PCM GEARS ARE NOW USING DEXTRON II OR III, ANY TYPE BUT F.
- IMPORTANT: If you are switching from straight 20 Weight in a PCM gear, be sure to get ALL of it out. You cannot mix them. Change the fluid two or three times to get it all out!